Tuesday, May 27, 2014

26 May 2014

Hola,

So this week was a great and crazy one as always. I am sure all are dying to know about transfer information and you will never guess what happened. So I am staying in Winters! I am so excited because the
people here are great! My new companion is Hermana Vance, my MTC companion! I am so very, very excited! Hermana Lemmon, my buddy from the MTC is serving in Davis! So we will all be reunited and I am
so excited for the next transfer. Hermana Vance is an STL. It is just going to be a great six weeks. The crazy part about the week was that I find out I probably have a pinched nerve in my back.  It is the weirdest thing because it happens when I move my neck and I just get this vibration at my tail bone. It doesn't hurt at all, which is nice, but I can tell my back is weak  We will see what happens! Any way, there is all of my exciting news and now here is my week!
.
Monday evening we picked up a new investigator. Her name is Sandra. She has a young son and is living with her boyfriend.  We just shared a short lesson about families and how they are supported in the
gospel. Something that often confuses people is he lifestyle of a missionary compared to a member. So we clarified a few of those things, like the rules that we have now are only for us as missionaries. She was happy to hear that she can get married and have a regular life and everything like that. She truly seems interested in learning. We will see how it goes! Then we helped one of the young women with a science project.
.
On Tuesday we had our last district meeting..  Then one of our plans fell through so we went to go see Sister Perkins. She is a 93 year old woman in the ward. Her husband passed away last year.  We just visit to give her love and support. It was a sweet visit. We talked about mothers and she had, had a mother that wasn't very supportive and it was kind of sad story.  We hoped that we helped her that day and got to keep her company. In the evening we taught Valente and Yenn. They are former investigators.  They know a little but every time we see them we realize how much they don't understand. They have interest because they know it is good, but past that it is kind of struggle.  They are interesting investigators.
.
Wednesday we went to the Maynard's house. (The ones in the picture) because Sister. Maynard was hospitalized for something with her pancreas just a few days before. We went over to go do service.
Her kids are home schooled, so they were there too. She just had us clean the house. All those little deep cleaning projects that you wouldn't do otherwise. We were there for 4 hours and it was so much fun. There kids are just amazing and so it was fun to serve with them. We went and taught Leighangela, a returning member. She has had a lot of struggles in her life.  We just taught a short lesson on missionary work. It was good especially with her new calling as a ward missionary. Then we taught Estela. She is the older woman we teach. We had to drop her daughter because she just didn't have time for us. She also has a lot of memory problems. Like she didn't remember how to pray even though we have taught her multiple times and things like that.  I don't know what to do with that one. We had an amazing night. We met with one of our new referrals named Yassir. We met in the park because his brother isn't happy about him meeting with us. We think he is in his 30s. We had a 2 hour lesson with him.  It was great. We taught the Restoration.  He had a ton of questions throughout the whole process. It was interesting, but great! We are excited to see what happens next!
.
Then on Thursday we finally saw Cindy! She is that less active who has been less active most of her life. She got a new job.  That is why she was never home when we went by. She was so happy to see us and we were so happy that she wasn't avoiding us! We shared a short message and it was just great! We hoped to see her on Sunday, but she wasn't home.
.
Friday we had a little bit of an anxious day. Trying to plan and things like that. We survived. We got the information about transfers very late.  It turned out great!and the beauty is everything is the way it is meant to be!
.
Saturday was another good day. We started right off doing service for the Tippets. Sister Tippets works at a cemetery, so for Memorial Day they put flags on the graves. She asked us to help and so we did. It
was fun to just be her little helper and get it all done. As odd as it sounds, it was kind of peaceful to be there with knowing that there is a plan and purpose to it all.  We just did some good old finding  in the afternoon. We taught one lesson to a former investigator, but we don't think we will really be able to teach her. We found 21 new people, well at least people we talked to.  It was great! In the evening we went to a mission call opening. my companion and I said a few words and there were some non-members there. The girl got her call to Atlanta Georgia North Mission speaking English.  We are very excited for her. It is so weird to be on the other side of it all.  It is very fun to support her. The neighbors of the members, who aren't members, came.  We had a good discussion with her. She wanted to know everything about us. She is English speaking but we are still excited for her!  I will keep you updated with them.
.
Sunday was a good day with lots of picture taking from my companion.  It was nice. We have amazing members and they love Hermana Santiago.  I know they will love Hermana Vance too! It was a pretty boring Sunday, on the side of missionary work.  We visited with some members and that was really fun!
.
Anyway - the past 3 months have been super hard, but I wouldn't change the trials and struggles I had for any others because of my ability to become what the Lord wanted me to be. I am so grateful now that I get to continue to learn and work my hardest these last few transfers. I know it is going to go by very fast.  I am excited to just work so I leave nothing behind. I am grateful for all of your love and support. You all helped me so much.  I am so grateful for the love and the prayers. Well, have a great week! I am excited to update  you with all the changes next week!
.
Love,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment