Tuesday, June 3, 2014

02 June 2014

 Hola,

Well one transfer done and another started. Time is really flying! It is already june! It is just fun how it all goes along.
.
So - Monday and Tuesday were a lot of just saying goodbye for Hermana Santiago to people in our ward and investigators and things. We had just the lovely opportunity to really give thanks for everything we had and everything we did! It was a crazy two transfers, yet in the end we knew we both needed it.
 
.
On Wednesday morning we took the loveliest drive through Lake Berryessa and Saint Helina. It was just gorgeous! It was our last little adventure. It just had some wonderful little parts to it! Then, because of an STL meeting my companion had Hermana LemMon and I started our 24 hour adventure. It wasn't really an adventure, but it was fun for me and Hermana LemMon to be companions for a whole day. We haven't spent that much time together since the MTC.  It was really enjoyable. The best part of it was that we got to work in my old area in Davis. I got to see quite a few of my favorite people from the Woodland Branch. Then we went home to help Hermana LemMon get unpacked.
.
We spent the day in Davis on Thursday! We didn't accomplish much.  I got to see a few people, less-actives and potentials that I had seen before and really have some good conversations with people about the Church. It is just a wonderful feeling to be there for other people at the right time and to say the right thing or to have the right frame of mind to help them. I also love how I get to plant seeds with people on like a daily basis!  One day they will be a strong plant all ready to go. My companion, Hermana Vance [STL] came back from Santa Rosa and we headed to Winters to start this transfer. SO my transfer started a little late.  It was great!
.
The Elders were short on miles so we drove them to district meeting  There had been a construction accident with 2 deaths that the Elders had witnessed so we had to hang out a little while to wait for them.  It was good. We had district meeting, came back to Winters and planned and then went out and worked hard! (with story to come to be explained in a little bit)
.
Saturday we worked hard again, which I think will be a theme for everyday this next transfer.  We taught an awesome lesson to one of our less-actives. Jose has had a lot of struggle.  He is finally having the desire to return to Church.  Little by little we know he will get there!
.
Sunday we had 2 huge miracles. The first was that a random Hispanic guy walked into church on Sunday and it turns out that he is a member that just moved here.  Now we have an actual member that is native to Hispanic culture. He is coming to a lesson with us tonight and he is so awesome. Second miracle is that someone we talked to on Friday came to church too. His name is Eduardo. We woke him up on Friday night from resting after his long work day. He wasn't very interested, but my companion was being really pushy.  I was starting to get a little worried we were offending him. SO as sincerely as I could I told him that we were really just there to serve and help and that if he saw us again to stop us because we would love to do anything. He immediately just opened up and the conversation ended with him accepting an invitation to come to Sacrament and leaving behind a pamphlet. Then he actual came to church! It was great! That meant I had to translate. I did it. I translated all of Sacrament Meeting and it was great. Then he had to leave.  In the 3rd hour we helped with the lesson in Young Womens and then I played the piano in primary.  We were just jumping all over the place and it was great. I didn't play that well in Primary, but it was fun to be in there with the kids.
.
Anyway it was a crazy, but amazing week. Going out and doing the work of the lord. Always learning and growing into the person who the Lord wants me to be. I am grateful for the strengths I have in order to benefit others and to help me in my purpose as a missionary.  Also, I am grateful for my weaknesses that give me something to look forward to. I know that there is a plan for us in this life.  We have the choice of whether we will stay the course or go off a little bit. I hope to continue to work hard in the course the Lord has given me and even though it is hard to show him that I can do what he has called me to do.
.
I love you all so very much. I am grateful for the lives you lead that are an example and support for me. Sigan adelante! Los Quiero!
.
-Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment