Tuesday, May 6, 2014

05 May 2014

Hola,
.
So this week was one of personal change in order to face the lack of change from my circumstances and for the first time in a long time I am ending this week happier then when I started it! I couldn't' really describe to what caused the change or how I did it but I know it is through Jesus Christ.
.
Last Monday ended well. We visited a less-active in Esparto as the last try when all of our plans were falling through and she actually let us in and let us share a short message with her. We talked about church and whether she would come and it seems that we planted a seed for her to have more interest in one day coming back to church. I don't know when that will be, but it was wonderful to have the opportunity to help her personal plant grow. Then we went to go see an investigator. They were eating dinner but of course like all wonderful Hispanics that invited us in to eat with them.  It was some cold seafood salad, but it was really good, eaten with a tostada and hot sauce! Of course we turned it into a lesson. We shared with them the Because Of Him video! They loved it.
.
Tuesday we had our wonderful zone conference. I had quite a few favorite parts so I will share them. First Sister Stewart the mission nurse shared this story of the physical struggles of her cousin and how if her cousin Gertrude could have done what she did we can do what we do as missionaries. Then President Alba gave an amazing section on the worth of souls and how every soul is important. Then we watch the butterfly circus. I had heard that president alba had shown in before to some of the leaders and I remembered a little of it from when Dad showed it to us, but from the point of few of a missionary it was very impactful! I loved the attitude of Mendez and his pure goodness that was able to help and strengthen others. That we are what we believe and that we shouldn't hold ourselves back. I think that the counsel was exactly what everyone needed to hear especially myself. My little side note of inspiration from the discussion afterward was this --  The thing is that we have to change.  We can't just remain the same. We can't just give up either. Most of the time change is hard and it hurts really bad, but it is all worthy it -- Then Sister Alba focused on a lot of things we should improve on and how to teach better.  She gave us a mission miracle challenge of reading the Book of Mormon in the next 3 months before our next zone conference and focusing on the pure doctrine of Christ and the atonement of Jesus Christ. At the end Sister Alba talked about obedience ad how we need to be obedient because we love God. During the course of the day President Alba got really sick, but after the testimony meeting of those leaving.  President told us that he trys so hard to correct us with love and he ponders long and hard on how to help us and that no one will understand what we went through on missions but Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It was such a powerful meeting! Another  Sister and I, who are struggling with companion got blessings from the Assistants.  We got the exact help we needed! Then I went on exchanges to Woodland! I got to eat dinner and teach members I knew and loved. It was great to just feel so homey especially on exchanges!
.
I was with an Hermana who was in her second transfer out in the field. She reminded me so much of the desires and innocence I had at the beginning of my mission.  It really helped me to have the desires to just work hard once again. It was the smoothest change back, but we did see some great people. It was a great day to just prepare for the future.
.
Thursday brought a bit of a surprise. We had a last minute trip to Stockton with the mission nurse to see a psychiatrist there for Hermana Santiago. Because of the timing we didn't get home until 8:00.  We finished teaching English class and went home. There was also another Sister with us to see the doctor as well. Missionaries can only see member doctors.  He is the only LDS psychiatrist around so that is why we had to go so far. I just got to enjoy the ride and try and keep my companion from worrying too much. The mission nurse and I talked and talked!
,
Friday wasn't very eventful.  It did include some good companionship talks! It ended with us both realizing that we just want to work harder, so on Saturday that is what we decided to do.
.
Saturday we has a blitz in our area and I got to be with Sister Hamilton, one of the STLs in the zone. It was nice to have the opportunity to update her on everything that has been going on. We didn't have a dinner so I went to this panini shop to get a sandwich and it was really good! It was fun to go to the little town panini shop! We got over 20 contacts and it was nice to get it going again!
.
Sunday we got 24 contacts! We just kept going and going. Fast Sundays are becoming on of my favorite days because of our hour of prayer! It is such a great time to seek revelation and receive it. I learned the lesson that murmuring only hinders our journey rather than helping it and that we can have faith even when others around us don't. It was great to just feel the Lord speak to me through his chosen servants. All I can say is that I KNOW the Church is true. I don't know how I would face the trails and challenges of this life with out his help and knowledge of the plan he has for us. I am so grateful for the knowledge I have that my life means something and that I can choose to be happy and strong because the Lord is just waiting for me to ask for his help. This is how I changed. I remembered the power the Lord has to help and strengthen us and more than that, I used that power in order to help me make a difficult situation better. He is always there for us, we just have to let him in!
.
Con amor,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment