Tuesday, September 30, 2014

29 September 2014

Hola,

It was quite a week out here in the Santa Rosa Mission. I have learned
so much more about the importance of life - what I need to let go as a
human being and what I can do to help uplift and strengthen others.
How I have the ability to bless others, but only if I have all of my
stuff together!

Last Monday was a simple day with a lot of plans that fell through.
But p'day was fun because we went to Fort Bragg to go to the beach. I
didn't get pictures from one of the other Sisters but it was really
fun. It almost felt like Southern California beaches. The sun was out
the sand was warm! It was really fun!

Then on Tuesday I had the most unique lesson of my whole mission. Our
investigator Georgina had actually read the pamphlet, so rather than
us teaching her everything we answered questions. Her first question
was, "Who is Joseph Smith?" So we focused on the restoration, then we
hopped from principle to principle, out of order, but it totally made
sense for her. I really felt that we were teaching to her needs! It
was really enjoyable to learn about how the Lord cAn direct us in ways
that we never new.

Thursday it was raining! Which I was so happy about! I love
the rain! The only problem was I discovered that I had worn a hole in
my shoe and so the water really leaked in, but I didn't let that get
me down! Then we went to one of the member's homes who own this lovely
ranch and her cabiny house was so cosey and fun! Then we had soup and
cornbread and it was a very homey moment for all of us missionaries.
We taught her a practice lesson. It was all just so homey and
fun! I really enjoyed it!

Thursday it was also a little bit of a slow rainy day, but it
was good. We were at the family history booth again and that always
has its own little surprises with people being interested and others
who are definitely not interested. We had another member lesson
with the new couple that moved in who speak Spanish. They seem eager
to be part of missionary work and so we are excited to use them more
in the future! They are just such a sweet couple! They are great! Then
we headed home a little early to find one of the Sisters teenage
investigators at our door. We had an interesting experience trying to
help her with some things she was working through! It was a moment
where I truly felt needed for my skills and I was grateful to be
there. It also really strengthened my testimony of Jesus Christ and
how much he feels for us and the love he has for us!

Our little event on Thursday evening made Friday a little different.
We did serve lunch at the senior center so that was entertaining as
usual serving all the seniors. Then we planned for, we didn't know
what, because we didn't know what was happening for transfers! We
went to dinner at the Bishop's house which is always very enjoyable and
enlightening! Their family always fills us with power! We hope to help
them along the way too! We got the call about transfers. So drum
role....... I am staying in Willits and I am TRAINING, so I am getting
a GREENIE for my last transfer. I haven't been assigned a companion
yet, so that news will be forthcoming! We went to visit a sister
who's life is really troubled with dying family members and anxiety,
but somehow she can usually find the positive! So we just helped her have
that spiritual strength that she needed!

Saturday, our evening was very busy. We had a lovely evening with
the Women's Broadcast. Hearing from our leaders and prophets! I was so
uplifted and strengthened. Then we went to do the missionary moment
and the musical number at a baptism for the Elders! President Alba was
one of the speakers and it was just a wonderful meeting. It was a
little stressful, but it was good! It was fun for Hermana Hooton to go
to one last baptism as a missionary! Baptisms are always so wonderful!

Then Sunday of course was difficult to say goodbye. Also the second
counselor and his family, which makes up a significant amount of the
Aaronic Priesthood, were leaving also.  They are moved to Idaho.  We
got a new counselor and so all of the testimonies were about saying
goodbye. I wanted to share how my testimony had been strengthened this
week in the love of our Heavenly Father and also the knowledge of
Christ as our savior. It made everyone think that I was
getting transferred, but I quickly told them that I was not! It was a
good Sunday! I love the Willits Ward! They are so welcoming and kind!
I love that I am going to end my mission here.

I have been writing this letter off and on in the process of
sending off my old companion.  Now I am with temporary companions
finishing up their p-day activities.  It has all been exciting and
fun doing this and that and trying to be helpful. It is amazing how much
missionary life is now just a,part of me! I am so grateful to serve as
a servant of Jesus Christ! Well I love you all so much! I hope that
you all can know that I love you, that I am working hard and that I
plan on finishing strong!

Les quiero,
Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment