Monday, January 6, 2014

06 January 2014

Wow this week has been crazy. I can't believe it was the start of a new year this week. It came and went so fast. I also can't believe that I will be home in 2014! It will be at the end, but still when I went into the MTC in May I never thought I would get here and here I am! Wow missions are amazing. You go through so much, there are so many different problems and concerns about so many things but it all works out some how because we just learn how to trust in the lord!
.
Tuesday it was New Years eve!  Not your typical New Years Eve but New Years Eve none-the-less! We had a district meeting, but the flu has been going around so it was kind of crazy meeting All I can say is that I have an awesome companion that does an awesome job of stepping up to the plate. The funny thing was that no one was home and so it was kind of a fruitless day, but it worked out. The other funny thing was that we ate dinner at home that night. Grandma and Grandpa had signed up to feed the missionaries. I was little bummed because I was excited to see the glimpse of someone else's party for a little while. like Christmas Eve, but it was just pretty normal. Then, we went to go see Martha! Oh it was fun. She always makes us laugh. We were talking a lot about life. She busted out the biggest box of chocolates I have ever seen.  We we ate some! It was just great! We had a language study with the Elders, some of them being sick, as a little party which was good too!
.
On Wednesday we had exchanges. I was with Sister Buckner in Fairfield. It was fun. We had a little sister's lunch in Fairfield because the other sisters were down for a meeting. We did some finding and stopped by Marisol's house. She fed us some tamales which was fun.  It was nice to talk. We had some facebook training. Man are things moving and grooving. I heard there are a few more missions doing the ipads and facebook and so our tech elders have been working so hard to set the rules and guidelines for facebook. It is weird to be the beginning of it all.  It is great to be learning from the best! Then we just kept on finding after that too!
.
Thursday, I switched companions, but we went on another exchange, so I brought Hermana Rawson back to Fairfield.  We did our exchange. I served around Hermana Rawson in Woodland. She is a great missionary and she goes home after this transfer.  It was fun to work with her. We had a great day finding and talking about things. We taught the recent convert, Santa. We talked about Eternal Marriage and baptisms for the dead. She was happy to learn more or just to talk more about the importance of it all. Then we had a lesson with Marisol and her husband for the first time. They needed to run an errand so we had to make it quick.  It was great. The Elders came with us too.  So, we just taught the restoration. It was great and we could really feel the Spirit. It is amazing how the words of the expierence of Joseph Smith really touch the lives of others and how that event is so significant in the lives of every member of this Church. We hope to see him again soon.  We hope that now she and her husband can just grow together. We taught our less-active Ricardo. He is really far from the Church right now.  I just ask about what he expects from it all. He was very honest.  It was good to just have us all be realistic and talk. He has a long progression ahead of him with a past that is holding him back, but I know he can get there
.
Friday we exchanged back and I got a worn out companion.  Now she has recoverd and is doing a lot better. We spent the day planning so it was good!
.
Saturday we went out finding again, and finished our planning with a much needed companionship inventory. Oh it is great to talk about things. I love having a companion that I know in the end will be there for me and is there to help me. I am loving my mission so far, even though it is hard and it could be different, I love it! I am so excited for this new year of missionary work and the joy it will all bring!
.
Con carino,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment