Monday, December 30, 2013

30 December 2013

Hola,
.
Well I made it through my mission Christmas and it was pretty great! It didn't feel like the same old Christmas but it was a fun day as a missionary. On Christmas Eve it was interesting to join someone else's dinner. Their tradition is Chinese food and most of their family was there so it was great. The evening was pretty simple just working on things at home. On Christmas Day I got to talk with my wonderful family. Oh what a special experience. I so appreciated that moment where we were all united at least for a little bit! It is so fun to think of us all around the US being with family and enjoying the Christmas season! Then we had our Christmas meal with the Branch President and his family.  I was wonderful to be in a home of righteous family and enjoy their love! In the evening we did sports . Kind of out of the ordinary, but it was so fun to play soccer after a long time!  It was a great end to mission Christmas.  Just think, next time I will be there [home]!
.
On Thursday we started getting back to work. We had exchanges and I was with Sister Andreason. She serves in Rio Vista. She is a wonderful Sister and so funny too. It was great to spend time with her and to learn from her. She has been out just a little more than me, so it was fun. Then I had 2 facebook lessons which is great. I also picked up a new investigator in Chile, so we will see where that goes. The work is so different on facebook. A little bit slower, but also quicker too! I hope that the least I can do is plant that seed that may never have been planted. I taught Santa the investigator, and when I say I taught I mean that Sister Andreason doesn't speak spanish so it was all on me. Now I know even more strongly why we go two by two. With Santa we had already taught her the Plan of Salvation, but I could tell it really didn't make sense of how it applied to her - that she is one day going to have a resurrected body and that after the judgement she will have wanted to follow all those things God had asked her.  If not she wouldn't be able to be with her family, or in the presence of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I hope that she gets it because it makes such a difference with what we hope for and what we want everyday. It isn't just about being "saved" it is about staying saved! I love this investigator and I hope that I can continue to help her see the peace and the joy of it all! 
.
Friday we exchanged back and did weekly planning. It was a little harder to focus after Christmas festivities but we got it done. On Saturday we did a fun activity with Marisol and her kids. We made scripture boxes. It was fun to so something that they would all like and was centered in putting Christ more into their lives, let alone their scripture box. Then we saw Martha which is always what she needs - just a little pick me up to help her stay strong. In the evening no one was home and so we just kept trying and trying different people and places and the night ended without much to show for it, but it was good.
.
On Sunday I gave a talk! Usually I love giving talks but in spanish it is a little bit different. It still went really well and I was happy with it. It was on the power of personal revelation. I just loved sharing a mission story of how I never thought I would come on a mission but thanks to an inspired bishop I am here! Most of the time I can't believe it myself.  It is all worth it, even when it doesn't feel like it sometimes. We had a great night setting up an appointment with a potential and teaching a former investigator. It was all great to just see people have the start of interest, to know what we are all about and then to be able to invite them to know and partake of the joy.  It is just the best.
.
I hope all of you know that we can all share the joy of this gospel everyday if we are courageous and faithful! I love you! I am so grateful for your influences in my life! Have a happy new year sharing the gospel!
.
Los quiero,

Hermana Cornwall
.







No comments:

Post a Comment