Monday, January 13, 2014

13 January 2014

Hola,
.
On Monday we had an exchange that started at the end of p-day. I was with Sister Ellsworth. She is my mission "Grandma" which just means that she trained my trainer! I truly love her and look up to her so it was fun to get to know her a little more. In the evening we went to an appointment we had, but they didn't answer the door.  Our back up plan was to knock the doors around their apartment and we found Maria. She is very interested in hearing more because her son just died about 2 months ago and so she was very welcoming.  I am so excited to see her this week! We introduced to her the plan of salvation! The idea of having a life after this was very interesting to her. Then we asked if there was anything we can do for her and she said pray for me.  We said actually we can come in and do a house blessing.  We did and that is when she just opened up about her son and it was just wonderful. I was glad we were there at the right time to be able to share about the gospel of Jesus Christ to someone that has been prepared. It was the day of the 3 wise men. Where they have this circle of sweet bread and inside are little baby Jesus' and so it is kind of a game that you play with whoever gets the piece with the Jesus you have to give a gift, or make tamales at a party they have on the second of February. A member invited us to do it and it was really fun! The bread is call Rosca de Reyes.
.
On Tuesday we had our district meeting which is always good! Oh how I do love revelation others receive just for me! Then we had a lesson with Santa the investigator. It was so nice to see her after a short absence. We also had the branch president's wife with us! She is from the Dominican Republic and so nice and funny She knows the gospel really well! We taught her the word of wisdom. She totally accepted as something good that she wanted to do, to be healthy! Then we switched back. We had some dinner at home and tried to contact some people that we hadn't seen for awhile, with little success. Then in the later evening my companion and I both had to pack because she went to a 3 day camp at Camp Liahona in the red Woods for the leaders.  I got to spend those days with the Sisters in Rio Vista!

It was so much fun to be  with those sisters! I was officially companions with Hermana Ellsworth and Hermana Rawson! I served around both of them in Woodland so I was excited to be their 3rd companion.  We started Wednesday a little late getting Hermana Hernandez off, but it was a great morning. Then we went to this pizza place in downtown Rio Vista for lunch which was fun. We went to Walnut Grove to see some of their potentials and things. The town is so small that you can walk everywhere, so we did! The funny thing is that there are a lot of Hispanics there, so it was great. In the evening we had dinner with a the Tingys at the Chinses restaurant downtown. That was fun. He works with cows so he had some stories. Then we went to go see a less-active down a dark windy road  He had moved and ended our night with language study. The fun part was that I slept in the English sister's room so I got to bond with them too!
.
Thursday we had another similar day as Wednesday. We went to Isleton this time though and that town is the same. We walked all around the town and met some very interesting people. We met Rebecca who just talked and talked to us. I decided she was lonely and that we were a captive audience. I find that happens a lot as a missionary that people talk because we listen! Then we had dinner with the branch president who was just the nicest man, so kind to his little sister missionaries! In the evening we taught this investigator who won't make a commitment until he finishes the Book of Mormon. So that was interesting. I love being the bold one in lessons.  Because he isn't your investigator you just do what  the Spirit directs and it is awesome. We tried to help him but teaching in a trio is much harder then it looks. We did a practice lesson with a member at 8. That is a newer thing we are doing with our slower time later at night. To have appointments with members to practice teaching and then inviting them to come out with us sometime.
.
On Friday one of the English sisters got sick so I went with the other to go fill out the baptismal record with their investigator who is getting baptized next week! It was fun to be part of a process I had never seen before. I wasn't much help but it was still fun. Then I just waited while the other sisters worked on planning. We drove back to Fairfield and waited a while for my companion to come back, which took a while, but it was great! We didn't get much done that night, but it was still a great week.
.
On Saturday we did a blitz in Rio Vista, so I just came right back. I really loved learning a new area, meeting new members and just being around more sisters. The rest of Saturday I weekly-planned with my companion. We got a good chunk of it done and then we went to a lesson with a less-active. After going every week this is the first time I have met them. Their family got offended by the church and now they haven't gone in almost 10 years. They are ok with us going by but they don't want much more. It will be a difficult project trying to help, but line upon line I know they can come back if they have that true trust and faith in the lord!
.
Well I let you know if there are any changes in my situation next week. It will be fun to see what this next transfer brings. Thank you for all of your prayers and love. I truly appreciate your influences in my life and I hope you have a wonderful week and don't forget to share the gospel!
.
con carino,
Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment