Monday, January 20, 2014

20 January 2014

Hola,
.
How was your week this week! Mine was great! I found out about transfers. I am going to be staying in Fairfield and I am going to be a Sister Training Leader. I am going to be Senior companion and driving and leading out the area.  It has been a big adjustment mentally, even though it hasn't happened physically. My new companion will be Hermana Underwood. I know her a little bit and she has been out just a little over a transfer more than me. She is really funny from what I have seen. I am very excited to be her companion. I am so very excited for all of this change even though it is hard and difficult
.
So this week was a good one. Last Monday we taught Anallely a Less-active. She is awesome. She has a little baby with her boyfriend and has just really struggled coming back to church with an unsupportive boyfriend and a small baby.  She has been trying to come back on a more regular basis.  This week she came, with her husband! It was awesome! After 3 months I finally saw her there! They are so wonderful and I am excited to see her progress even more!
.
Then on Tuesday we had our zone meeting and a special meeting with all of the sisters. I thought I found a new investigator named Andrea, but it turned out that they were lying to me about most of the things they told me, because they started messaging my companion and said totally different things. I was little bummed but I wasn't that surprised. Then we went to contact our referral in this huge apartment complex and it took us forever to find the apartment.  We found it and they weren't too interested.  It was still an adventure! Then we ate with a less-active family from the ward. They were very strong members and then fell away and for some reason it is always nice for them to have the missionaries over to kind of bridge the gap between them and the members. They have slowly been coming back and so we are excited for them. They aren't in my area so I don't know that much more.
.
Then on Wednesday we went to visit someone we contacted the week before, Maria. She had all the right questions but wasn't getting the answers she wanted from us. It was a good lesson.  She said that she would study the pamphlets and call us if she got the answer she wanted!  I had some more real success in facebook with a boy named Cody. He is basically atheist but is open to talking more!
.
Thursday we taught Graciela a less-active who wants her family to be more involved in the church. She has had little success but we are trying to take little steps to help her involve them all. We also taught Santa the investigator. She told us that no big steps will happen very soon, like going to church and baptism and so we were a little bummed.  We hope that the Spirit will continue to speak to her and that she will listen. We also taught Marisol and her family with the Elders.  We are hoping to give them to the Elders who will connect with the husband better.

Friday we did service for grandma and grandpa Carlson.  In the evening I got a call from Sister Alba. When you get called to a leadership position or to train they usually call you to let you know. It is a little scary to just talk to them on the phone.  It was great.
.
Saturday was also a great day. We taught a few less-actives that are doing great. It is always weird to  know about the changes that will happen.  But after a day or two you get used to it and then you can just finish up with one transfer and start on the next.
.
On Sunday I almost had a skype lesson, but he slept through it and so it didn't happen.  I have hopes for next week. Then I decided I don't like changes it just takes a while to adjust to all and then it takes awhile to get comfortable and then it changes again. Oh boy it is all exciting and I am interested to see what this new transfer brings, hope you had a great week!
.
Les quiero,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment