Monday, March 31, 2014

23 March 2014

So to keep it simple this week, I will just tell you about the amazing miracles!
.
This week actually started very rough. Literally all of our appointments were falling through for the first few days. Then on Wednesday we had interviews with President Alba, which I find are either a good thing or a bad thing. This week they were great for me. The first thing was that I did my whole interview with President Alba in Spanish! I was so happy that I finally was able to just communicate everything in Spanish. It was a good 10-15 minute interview with a lot of explaining my opinion about the sisters I am over and about me and my companion. The funny thing was that very little about the interview was about me. I told him that I liked it that way. That i didn't have as many personal problems when I am worrying about others. The problem was that I was worrying too much about the other sisters and not my own companionship so my companion and I had a good talk and were able to decide on a few things we needed to improve on together.
.
Thursday we finally started to get some lessons in. We picked up a new investigator named Diana. She seems open and interested.  There is still a little bit more to go, so we will see. We taught Juan Carlos, our teenage investigator. I can't tell if he just wants to look cool or he really isn't very interested. We read Chapter 3 of 1 Nephi and I asked him how he would feel and what he would do if God told him to do something in a dream and he said he wouldn't do it. There is more to it than that because he keeps meeting with us and he came to church on sSunday. The only thing was that he kept saying that he doesn't fit in. That is the problem when your Sunday best is jeans and t-shirt and everyone else is wearing something else. People were very nice to him and that was great! So my encouragement for all of you is make those investigators and returning members first few minutes impactful because it will affect the rest of their spiritual life and it makes a missionaries job so much easier. Then we finally taught Yasmine! She is doing great! We had a really powerful and spiritual lesson on temples and the gospel of Jesus Christ! It was a good feeling to see the Spirit speak to her and help her feel a confirmation that these things are true. They even announced her baptismal date of April 13th in Relief Society, so it really is seeming definite! It is true, especially after this weekend, that there is peace in knowing that there are temples here on the earth. That Heavenly Father wants his special houses here not only for us to feel closer to his presence, but also to perform saving ordinances that will last through eternity and make family bounds not only tied on earth but also in the eternities.
.
I know it is short but I truly do appreciate the plan that Heavenly Father has for us. I don't know if I would have understood it and accepted it all so well if I hadn't been a missionary for the past 10 months. The wait is over for some but the rest of us are still here enduring to the end.  I have the hope that we endure it well. Enduring has been something I have been thinking a lot about lately. As a missionary we are asked to carry a heavy load. To take all the troubles on our shoulders and be able to still function with all of this additional weight. Now as I have my own set of struggles as a missionary I continually think that I am enduring it, but the thing is enduring isn't just taking it. I think there is a difference between waiting until something is over and enduring it. So now I am deciding to endure, not just to wait. To make the best out of the situation, to progress and become better even in seemingly difficult circumstances. If we are not progressing then we are not fulfilling the plan God has for us. We aren't enduring to the end.
.
Yesterday we were in Gospel Principles and we were talking about the atonement. We read John 3:16 and talked about how we understand this scripture different from other churches. I had a huge realization. So in John 3:16 it says whosoever believeth on Him(Christ). So I thought what does it mean to have Belief and I thought it means to have faith and with that faith we act, which means we repent.  If we haven't done so we are baptized by someone holding the authority and we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost making a promise/covenant with God, when we get to this part we are continually going over the first 4 steps always having faith, repenting every day, remembering our baptismal covenant, and being worthy to always have the spirit which are part of the last step of enduring until the end. So that is why our church is different then any other church, because we don't just have a belief we have more. We truly do have the fulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ here upon this earth. It is the beginning of the end. We are making this last effort in the battle to have our lives count. To show that will be on the winning team! I hope and pray daily that I am working toward being on the winning team, and luckily I have the perfect coach to get me there. Just so you all know, it doesn't get better than this. This is it, this is the time, so don't waste a second of it with things you are going to regret, just do those things that will make it all worth it. That is what I learned this week as I continue on with the progression of myself! I am grateful for this opportunity I have now for that progression in my life.
.
Thank for all of your love and support and no my prayers are with all of you to receive that comfort and peace you need to keep going on in your personal progression.

con amor,
Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment