Monday, March 10, 2014

10 March 2014

Sister Cornwall's new digs, behind the Bishop's house
Hola,.
 
Oh my goodness it has been a crazy week! You have no idea,but I guess I can now tell you how it went! A little before -- I love my new area [Winters] and zone. Everything has been really great so far and I am very excited for the new transfer!
.
So back to Fairfield [the area I just left] a little bit:   On Monday we went to the doctor for Hermana Underwood, poor thing. Then we went to go say goodbye to a recent convert, the Horta family and taught a lesson and took pictures. Hermana Underwood has those pictures so I will get them one day.
.
We woke up on Tuesday and Hermana Underwood's face was even more swollen.We called the doctor and she told us to come in right away. They decided to cut open the abscess on her face, so she just had a little minor surgery on her face, no big deal. The weird part was to help it continue to drain they left gauze hanging out of her face for a few days.  I couldn't believe it. So, needless to say we took it easy the rest of the day. This was bad for me because I didn't get pictures with anyone  - so sorry, I don't have any faces to show you this week.
.
On Wednesday we went to the doctor again just to make sure everything was looking alright. The funny thing was that because of a weird driving schedule I didn't go to Woodland until 3 [pm]. The best part was I went to dinner with the Lopez family.  I don't know if you all remember, but there was a family from the Winters area that we ate dinner with every other week so it was just like going home! They live in the boundaries of our ward, but go to the Spanish branch in Woodland.  That was fun. She remembered me and everything! I felt so special! In the evening I met a few of the investigators in Esparto, but none of them had time for a lesson. Then we taught one of our young investigators Juan Carlos. He has the desires to meet with us but he is still a teenage boy so, it is hard to get him motivated  He is great! Then I met some of the members who were at the church for boy scouts.  I met the bishop too. We drove home and we actually live on the property of the Bishop. All of his family live on this large area with an organic farm and things like that We live in the pool house. It is perfect for us. It is a cute little place and it is fun to be there.
.
Oh, so my new companion is Hermana Santiago.She is from Mexico, but grew up here in the California. She is great.  She loves people, especially the members. She is a great companion!   Our area is based in Winters, that is where the building is. Then we cover other towns like Esparto, and Madison and all the little towns in between!
Thursday,  ironically, we went to the doctors again, but it was for Hermana Santiago. She needed a refill of her asthma medicine. It was funny to be in Fairfield again so soon and everyone at the doctors office knew me.  It was fun! We stopped at the stores in Vacaville and spent some time there waiting for her prescription.  It was an adventure! We had a meeting with the zone leaders and STLs to talk about zone meeting which was fun  It was all new, and great! We ate at the Kennedys. It was funny because they used to be in one of the Woodland Wards so I recognized them. It was fun to get to know them better.The funny thing was they made me eat this chile powder which was hot, but fun. I didnt take much, but it really burned my mouth! Then we went to a Stake Relief Society activity in Woodland and so I got to see some of the sisters from the branch. They were all excited to see me and I was so glad they all remembered me! It was fun.
.
We had zone meeting on Friday morning. I taught about facebook and having the Spirit. Zone meeting is the opportunity for those who went to MLC to bring it back to the zones. It was long, but I think we ended well! In the evening we had correlation meeting. I love our ward mission leader already.  I am excited to see what we will do.He took us out to dinner which was fun too!
.
On Saturday we had conference call as STLs. Boy am I grateful for technology.  It is so nice that we have that opportunity to re group and start the transfer together.  We had dinner with a nice new family, well new to me! They live in Esparto and since that is far away from us they said to come over for anything,ever. They even told us their garage is always open so we could just come in if we need it. It was so nice. Then we taught this awesome family. They are investigators. We just taught the kids but they were giving the perfect answersThey were really good at understanding. I am so excited to see them progress.
.
On Sunday we had church with sacrament meeting first, which was a little weird to me. I also realized that we basically live at the church. Because our house is a little far away we dont have miles to always go back and forth, so we just eat at the church! We didn't really  have time to do much else and then I had my leader meeting.  It is a good group of leaders that we have and I will be excited of how to work together. All I can say is I am glad I have a district leader to counsel with on how to help sisters in their struggles. It is a really good system!
.
Anyway things are great again from this Woodland area! We are excited to see what the future will bring! I am excited to tell you all of my comings and goings from here for the next little while!  [Here is a link to Winters]

Les quiero,

Hermana Cornwall










No comments:

Post a Comment