Tuesday, March 4, 2014

03 March 2014

Hola,
.
I can not believe that it is March already. Time is flying. A few months ago I would have never believed it. So I am sure you are all dying to know...I am getting transferred. My 3 transfers [6 weeks for each transfer] in Fairfield has ended. If I haven't made it very clear, it is normal to only be in an area for 3 transfers. It is different in every mission, but that is how it is in ours. Oh, so I guess I haven't told you where I am going yet... I am going to WOODLAND again! Well, I am going to the same zone. Specifically I am going to Winters. I am so excited to be going back. I will be serving in anEenglish ward. What that means is that there is a Spanish group that is part of the ward. The other nice thing is we feed into the Woodland Branch and so I might see some of my favorite people again. It is so exciting. It is like going back but having a new adventure! My companion will be Hermana Santiago and I am still an STL! We will see how it goes!
.
This was a good week, and kind of a special week, with lots of interesting activities. On Monday we had dinner with the Horta family. She is a recent convert and they are really struggling coming to all 3 hours of church because of one of her sons. We committed them to come to the temple prep class so hopefully that will help them to come more. I just feel so bad for their real life struggles and for the difficulty it is to put it all aside for all 3 hours of church.
.
On Tuesday we had a conference call district meeting with the Albas. They were really concerned that we were getting weighed down by Satan. That through our devices we were not keeping up with those most important things. I agree that it was true. To put it simply Sister Alba explained it this way "The battle is on, the war has begun". It really is true. I have felt it and I was grateful for their council. Then we picked up a new investigator! Actually it was someone Hermana Underwood had found on facebook and then we started to teach him in person. It was a great lesson!
.
On Wednesday we taught a recent convert and a less-active. I have truly seen how life just tends to get in the way. Especially between members and going to church. The nice thing is we as missionaries are there to help them on their way back and invite them to do it. I hope these two just can be at church 100%.
.
Thursday I MADE TAMALES. One of our recent converts sells them to people.  We went on her weekly time to make them. It was so interesting to be part of most of the process. The hardest part was taking cooking directions in spanish! It was all totally worth it though! I really enjoyed it. In the evening we had dinner with our investigators. It was a little weird but ended great. They just really opened up and we were able to know a lot more about their fears and now we can help them. It is funny how people are so scared of messing up one day. They don't get married, they don't join the church, all because of that fear.
Friday I had MLC. It is  Missionary Leadership Conference that they have on a monthly basis. It is where the leaders get training to take it back to the zones or just to be better leaders. This one was a little special tho'.  W watched a 2 hour movie in order to study the leadership. It was 12 o'clock high. It was actually really good and educational just weird to watch a movie and it was long (for us missionaries). I am sure that was a once a mission experience! Sister Alba talked about making Battle Plans for our zones! We then talked a little about contacting and discerning investigators needs from the APs. Then they revealed transfer doctrine. It was so weird to have it shown to us because usually we just get a voicemail announcement from the zone leaders. Sisster Alba had actually already told me where I was going and who my new companion would be.  It was fun to see the rest of the mission. We didn't really have time to do much of anything else throughout the night.
.
Saturday we took the time to plan, but Hermana Underwood had some medical problems so it has been an interesting weekend. All I have to say is don't try to pop a pimple too early when you just had a staff infection. Crazy I know, but true. In the evening the Elders wanted to cheer us up, so they took us to ice cream.

Sunday her [Sister Underwood's] face was even worse so we got her to the doctor today and hopefully she will make a full recovery soon! Who knows? 
.
Well I hope all of your worlds are going great, full of the excitement of everyday life! I love you all so much and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Hasta el proximo lunes!
.
 Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment