Tuesday, December 24, 2013

23 December 2013

The Clawson family emailed this photo to Sister Cornwall's parents of Sister Cornwall caroling , with the comment - "Thanks for sending us the most wonderful missionaries."
Hola,

Feliz Navidad! Ojala que todos de sus esperanzas para la navidad estan pasando! Oh what a wonderful season! Every time I just think of it, it makes me happy! It has been quite a week and I am excited to tell you all about it.

Monday was a typical day, but on Tuesday we taught Santa the investigator. She is awesome! She is facing life's problems and coming out on top. She is just battling. It is so amazing how people open up to us. They trust us because we are servants of Christ and the best part is that we can help them receive those answers that they need. We taught Martha a recent convert.  She has had a hard life and is still having a hard life.  She is just trying to use the gospel to help her.  She is great. Then we taught Gerardo and Maria after weeks of not teaching them. They have law-of-chastity and word-of-wisdom problems so it is a slow process. They are getting there. They are just so close to taking that big step.  The thing is to be realistic.  We have to take small steps to get there. I have found that that is the way with most people. Big changes are scary but when we just do them with the Lord's help and with faith it all works out!

On Wednesday we taught Santa, the recent convert.  That was wonderful. She really is going strong. We talked about priesthood and auxiliaries and by the end she was giving us marriage advice. Then we taught someone who I had never taught before. Since we are the only sister missionaries in Fairfield sometimes we have some investigators that don't actually attend our ward. Cynthia is one of these cases. She is a recent convert of the sisters, but in another ward. SO we went and taught her and she is just awesome. Through all of her problems and difficulties she is turning to prayer to help her out. It is great. Now that I think of it, everyone has problems. Some are bigger than others, but they can all be healed through Jesus Christ. Then came Juan and Tomasa. They are a fun couple that have been investigators for a while. They see the good of the church but aren't willing to commit. I know with time that they will want to walk by Faith! 

On Thursday, of course, we had our mission conference Christmas Party. Oh it was so wonderful! There were almost 280 missionaries there. We started with talks from President Alba, which was wonderful of course. To start her talk Sister Alba had us watch a Music video by Motab called What Shall We Give (LINK: http://www.mormonchannel.org/christmas-videos?v=2919740155001&cid=HPFR122013274&im=true). All of you should watch it. I just loved it. Since I am part of the technology end of the Church with our devices I am just amazed at the Church's technology department. Also lds.org is becoming a very up to date site. They are making it more user friendly.  There are more things to use and do. Also they are coming out with many videos about the Church to have a more modern spin on things! It is great! Anyway she asked what we would give this season. Then we had a little Christmas concert, which was great. The Alba's love their music and it is just wonderful for me at least, who love it too. We had the party. It was so wonderful to see my MTC Friends. Hermana Vance and Hermana LeMmon. I forgot my camera, so no pictures.  It was fun to be around them. They revealed our packages on the stage of our Christmas presents. [The mission requested that families send one present to the mission office that would be given out at this mission party.] It was jolly good Fun! We ate lunch together and had some fun activities and songs! It was so funny to relax and have it feel like Christmas for a while! Well, normal Christmas! Then we headed back to Fairfield from Santa Rosa with a lot of traffic.  We got home safe! We had a very calm night with English class and studies! It was a wonderful day. It just makes me so grateful to be in this mission at this time with all of these wonderful missionaries and leaders, I just love it! 

We taught Marisol.  Her kids were home for the Christmas break and so we taught them and they came to Church on Sunday! It was great! I love seeing progress right in front of my eyes. We planned and planned in order to finish up our week.  It was just wonderful! I am so grateful for the ups and downs of missionary work because it makes the success's that much better. 

On Saturday we prepared for the ward party almost all day long. It was crazy how much time it all took. Also as missionaries we made 2 huge pans of mashed potatoes which was quite an adventure.  They actually turned out pretty good if I do say so myself. It kind of took up most of our day.  It was fun to support the branch. 

On Sunday we, as missionaries, sang a song! It was fun to be part of the Christmas spirit. We had a singing sacrament meeting.  It was fun to just sing and sing and sing!  I taught Gospel Principles class again which was a little last minute.  It all works out. I am always amazed how I can a least make a little sense when I speak Spanish, let alone teach. 

I am so grateful for the work of the Lord in my life. It is so wonderful to just work with all types of people and be able to give them the same thing -- the gospel of Jesus Christ! I hope you remember that wonderful gift that you also can give all year round! Oh, the gospel is true! I find that more and more everyday! I also love the gospel because of it's ability to guide us while we live here on the earth. I don't know what I would have done without my mission. Already so far my life has been changed. I know so much more now then I ever would have learned before. I never thought I would be here, but now that I am here I can't imagine my life without it. What a joy it is to have the truth and knowledge to say I know that my Redeemer lives. He is Jesus Christ, the prince of peace and the one thing in our lives that always gives comfort and love. I know he suffered through all of my pains and afflictions so that I could one day return clean to our Heavenly Father and to have life with our families for the eternities. Thank you all for your testimonies and help that have gotten me here today. I am filled with so much love for each of you and I know that your lives will be prosperous and happy as long as you follow the Savior in all of your dealings! Have a very Merry Christmas!

los quiero,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment