Monday, October 7, 2013

07 October 2013

Hola,
.
I cannot believe that it is already October 7th! It is crazy how time is flying. When I look ahead it is a lot of time, but when I look behind it has flown by! I guess from the talk by Elder Dube I probably shouldn't look behind, but I am glad that I feel like I have accomplished what I have done! 
.
Tuesday we had a Zone Meeting! So you know - I talked about Elder Aidukatis before, well, before our general meeting he had a meeting with all of the Zone Leaders.  So this week the Zone leaders shared about what that was. The new announcement is that we must plan every hour, even with the backups, of every day in weekly planning. Before in weekly planning we would plan lessons, pencil a few people in and then do our planning in the evening.  Now we are to take 6-7 hours to plan! I will get to how it all went later. It is amazing how much we have to do, with meetings and meetings just to help us to get to the work better. I had an exchange in Woodland with Hermana Gonzalez! She has been in the zone with me the past 2 transfers and this is our third together! We started with having a lesson with a less-active and his non-member wife. Their child was all over the place so I tried to entertain him, and they spoke so fast in Spanish that it was just difficult to understand.  It all worked out. Then - We got lost in this HUGE apartment complex. It was crazy that we just lost a sense of direction. We were searching and searching for this certain number of apartments but it just didn't come! Then we contacted this interesting man who was overly complementary to us, so we just left him a pamphlet and hurried on our way! A member found us and tried to help us find the apartments we were looking for with no luck. He did walk us to our car though to make sure we were safe. It was a fun night! (kind of!)
.
Wednesday I got kicked out of my first trailer park! After talking with a resident near the entrance a woman told us that we were not allowed to talk with the people there. We told her we had an appointment and still she said we could not meet with them. It was a little odd and didn't seem exactly the best but we honored their wishes and left. I hope the Sisters have gone back since, but I don't know! We went on facebook! It is amazing how when we contact someone and they don't really want to hear our message we now have facebook as a tool to be able to touch them in the future by adding them as friends and hoping for the best! 
.
Thursday something awesome happened. A person Hermana Kaiser and I had contacted a few months ago called us. We had tried to teach him many times but they either didn't open the door or didn't have time. So he had a our number from a card we left and he called us to know about when church was and things. It was great that he made the contact to start the whole process. He didn't come to conference, but we have hopes to see him next week. We had a lesson with Hilda, the one who lives out in the middle of a field. We talked to her about the Book of Mormon and we hope that she reads it soon. Then, we had a good time on facebook, contacting and just trying to talk the others! Then we had a facebook meeting. I don't know if I explained this before, but we have a companionship of tech. Elders that have an area but spend a lot of their timing thinking of ways to help improve our online work! It was a 1 on 1 companionship meeting and it was great. That gave us guidelines and a schedule to follow when we go on facebook. It is a little slow right now but it was great to have more of a basis off which to go.
.
Friday we had our very long, very effective (in the sense of how much we got done) planning session. So we went through all of our investigators and did the regular planning and then we went in and added everything else. The thing it really helps is finding. Now we have a lot of finding time planned and that is good. it is in between our lessons and I really think that it will help. We took breaks every hour to make sure we didn't want to "kill" each other by the end. In the evening I had some wonderful and interesting contacts and talks. The first was Nohemy. She was drunk, but got a good vibe from us, so she left her friends in the car and talked to us. It was very funny to talk to someone who wasn't completely coherent but we hope that things will happen for her in the future to change and become better! Then we spoke with Tomas, a former investigator and it was interesting to hear him say that he has a religion, but he likes to hear about others. These people that are curious and unchanging always interest me. It is really hard to get them to do anything. It all works out the way the Lord wants it.
.
Then we get to the Amazing conference weekend. Oh Conference is always something to look forward to because it is modern scripture coming forth from the mouths of the prophets and it is always so helpful. Just to mention a few talks that I enjoyed the first was Elder Dube. He was so powerful with his voice and words! I loved his motto of looking forward. I find that when we look ahead it can be daunting.  It is also a challenge to be met and luckily we always have the Lord with us to help us! Then of Course President Uchtdorf's talk was very powerful too. (I forgot my notes so these aren't too descriptive but maybe I will add a little more next week!). We tried to see a lot of people on Saturday but they weren't home. One other thing I don't remember if I mentioned was that Elder Aidukatis asked to walk as much as we could during the day in order to contact people. So we tried it. We contacted 32 people just by being outside! Then we had a lesson with the Rodas Family. It was short and sweet and I love seeing them grow. I never realized how hard it was to be obedient to all the things God asks of us  Iknow that it is worth it too! 
.
Sunday - another wonderful day! I was touched by all of the Apostles tenderness to the work in which we all need to strive. President Eyring was a great start to the day, with a great end with Elder Nelson and all the topics in between! I was grateful to have things be clearer to me of what I need to do and what I need to help others to do. It was an amazing Conference of personal growth and spiritual development. There is always more for us to do.  I am excited to do it! I will have to include more next week because I am struggling to remember specifics at the moment! Later on Sunday, we had planned to see these two families and have a Family Home Evening with them, but of course neither were home. We walked a little down the street and by chance met a women who said we could come in, but she was going to get the laundry so she said go visit my friend.  By the end of the night we were setting return appointments! It was great! I find that the Lord always provides when we are faithful and willing!
.
It was a great week this week.  To be honest, they are all pretty great because this is the work of the Lord, the work of salvation. Miracles happen everyday and I am glad that I am able to be part of them and be here at this specific time to help others! Oh the joy of the gospel is always worth it because we are on the team that always, eternally wins! Hasta Luego!
.
Love ya,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment