Wednesday, November 5, 2014

03 Novemeber 2014

Hola,

I truly can not believe that it has already been almost 18 months. I am just so grateful that serving the Lord ebbs and flows so quickly! This week was a call to repentance week, well that was mostly on the end of the week but it was really good to feel that need to recommit and restart. By the way happy belated Halloween! Anyway I will just dive right into my great week!

Last Monday we had the opportunity to teach the Saldana family. We had called her earlier that morning to confirm because we were having the Fosters come with us. They are the only couple in the ward that speak spanish now that the Southwicks are in Oakland, so we wanted to make sure the lesson was happening. When we talked to the wife she didn't sound very good on the phone, but she said that they were still having us come over. We soon found out on entering their door that her father had passed away early that morning. They were just searching for comfort and peace. I quickly realized that our planned lesson was already out the window, but then I was thinking of what we could teach and I quickly realized that it was up to me to decide what to do. My little greenie would be looking to me.  The members present with us would be looking to me and so were the investigators. When Hermana Navarro was saying the opening prayer I said my own private prayer to beg for the Spirit to guide me. I scrambled a bit to get what I wanted to say, but we ended up focusing on the atonement. That seemed to help a little bit with her knowing that Christ understood what she was going through and that He made if possible to be together again. It wasn't a perfect lesson, but I think it turned out ok! It made me so grateful for the Spirit!

Tuesday I had my last district meeting! It was a good one.  We talked about concerns we might be having and it was just a nice discussion. We also talked a lot about how we can be better missionaries! Oh, it was fun! Then we had a fun snack party afterward. I have really had a wonderful district leader! I am so grateful for him! Then we saw Sister Blake after we got back into Willits. She has been having a lot of deaths in the family and has some physical troubles, but she is awesome. She bore a mighty testimony about the plan of salvation. She asked us some questions about the details, but she knows that it will all work out in the end! Then we showed her "Mountains to Climb" and she loved that! Then we had a relatively calm night!

Wednesday was great because we got to do service for a less-active member that was moving. Though we weren't able to get her to church there, we were able to have her get welcomed help from the church. I hope this will help her have more confidence in it in the future. Of course that took longer than expected but went very well. Then we did some practice lessons in the evening. One with Sister Pollock. She joined the Church just under 10 years ago.  It is fun to have her be a fake investigator because she was actually there once. We always end with a good gospel discussion! Then we got to see PJ! Always fun to be there with her!

On Thursday we weekly planned, because we were going to have Sister Murphy with us while Sister Carter was at MLC on Halloween! We actually did a really good job planning so it felt good to get it done. This is were the call to repentance comes in. I had realized that I hadn't been working as hard as I could! Then my companion, my little greenie said she always didn't feel like she was working hard and it really hit me that that was my fault, So, we committed to get into gear and work hard. We went to a lesson after dinner and got almost 10 contacts before we got to our appointment! It was awesome! We got to the house and not all of our investigators were there, but Maria, our little old Hispanic woman was there. She is wheel chair bound, but we were able to share a short lesson with her.  She asked if we could help her into her bed. I was a little worried about understanding what she wanted me to do.  I lifted her poor body up and set her on her bed. It was so odd to move a person that couldn't help you at all, just dead weight.   I was glad we could help! Then we taught spanish class to PJ which was fun! Then Sister Murphy joined our companionship and so I was in trio! 

Friday was of course, HALLOWEEN! We had our regular morning, and then we went to do service for the senior center lunch. They told us that we could dress up if we wanted to, or even if we were allowed to, so we decided to dress up as nerds. We got there and NO ONE was dressed up! I felt so out of place but then we just rolled with it and tried to show that we were trying to at least be a little normal! We were glad to help and it was actually a fun activity for the day! We had a short meeting with Brother Abono! He presented some ideas to us of what he wanted to share to the ward council. He is really awesome and enthusiastic about missionary work.  It is fun to see. After dinner we had to be inside for the night.  Because it was just the 3 of us we had a movie night with fun goodies.  It was just great. We watched the Testaments which was really fun! 

On Saturday we went early to see one of the Sisters in the ward who got her hip replaced. It was actually perfect timing because not only did we meet the nonmember fiance of her son but we also met a less-active member neighbor. She came over while we were there so we got to meet her and after we finished with Sister Patterson we went over to say a prayer with her because she was really anxious about some health issues! Then we had a good and short lesson with the Tafoyas which was good because we hadn't seen them in a few weeks!

Sunday was great. I bore my testimony on the gospel and that I had learned from the Wilits Ward how to more closely follow the Sirit! Then we had a really good afternoon because we visited with one of the young women of the ward!  We had a practice lesson with a member we didn't know very well after dinner.  We had a little lesson with Jesus! It was wonderful!

Well I love you so much! I am so grateful to serve the Lord, even if it is only a week more! It is always worth it to serve him and my deepest hope is that I continue serving Him until the end! Thanks you so much for all of your constant love and support! I know this Church is true and I have loved sharing the gospel with others!

Les Quiero,

Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment