Tuesday, April 22, 2014

21 April 2014

Hola,

I would of hope you all heard about the little Easter website the church put up this week. It had an amazing video that talks about Because of Him! It was an amazing week to be a part of the Church's campaign to reach out to more people. So we got an e-mail telling us about the website and the video and also to use the hashtag #BecauseofHim in all of our posts during the week. It was amazing how facebook just seemed to blow up with post and shares about Christ! Here is the website if you still want to check it out and share.
http://easter.mormon.org

So this week, I am not going to lie, was a really hard one. I find the Lord always increases the load when you thought you had just tried to manage it. The reason why it was hard is because I have a struggling companion and the odd thing is there is not much I can do about it but change myself to fit better with her. The reason why I say this at the beginning is because it all started on Monday night. My companion just
wouldn't get out of the car and I just felt this lack of desire to work and so she just talked. We talked for those hours and it was hard because I didn't know exactly what to say or do that might hurt or might help so I tried different things but she wasn't very open to them. All in all the night didn't end that well, but it was good that we understood each other more even if we couldn't exactly resolve the problem.

The next morning was also interesting. It was another struggle and my companion and I talked more and studied about the last weeks of Christ's life and she got a blessing.  It was kind of just a restful day for her. In the evening though, we did have the opportunity to go out and work and we had a lesson with our investigator Juan. It is a funny one because he thinks that all of the anti-Mormon ideas, or just anything that is negative about religion really, should be his answer to whether he believes or not and he just isn't letting himself jump right in. We had a member with is and through her prompting we decided he needed a blessing. Luckily we do have people in our ward who speak Spanish so we called the Bishop over to give him a blessing. The nice thing was at the end of it all, there was this true sense of peace left over. Not as much worry or questioning, but just a sense of peace, so we hope that will help in the cultivation of his little seed.

On Wednesday it was actually the best day out of the week. We just were able to go through the day peacefully. We started with service on our ranch with the Elders planting baby redwood trees. It is all quite exciting to learn more about the working of a little ranch. There is so much to do and yet it is very peaceful and very enjoyable, at least from what I can see. It was fun to just work hard and get dirty and  have some fun doing something semi-normal.  We had an amazing miracle in the evening. We have had this investigator Magdalena and her family, they have been taught since before I got there, but after six weeks I had never ever taught her. Then on Wednesday we finally taught her. She was very open and asked really good questions in order to clear up her understanding. We taught about the restoration of the gospel of Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith! It was great!

On Thursday we tried to do planing, but it didn't really happen.  I was trying to talk about communicating better and she just got really upset from our conversation. When we went to plan she would just keep turning it all on what I thought we should do.  We talked some more and just took some space for a while. But even after the space there was still something wrong. Then finally after an hour or two we ended up finding  something to laugh at through out all of the stress. Then we tried to make a plan on what we needed to do. It was good but also bad. It is funny how sometimes the things you need aren't always the best for everyone else, but it worked out ok.

Then on Friday we had our district meeting with all of the new people which was fun. It was just nice to be around missionaries for a change and I just felt uplifted by their presence. Then we ate the biggest ribs I have ever seen. They were from like 800 pound pigs, it was at a members house and it was part of their business, but they were seriously huge.  It was fun.

Saturday, a lot of things fell through.  It ended nicely with a baptism of one of my old investigators in Davis. I got to go and play the piano.  It was fun to be with the Woodland Branch and to see someone I taught get baptized! His name is Victor Flores.  It was all just very nice.

Easter Sunday was very simple, but very nice. We ate at an older couples home with traditional ham and potatoes. The members here are so kind and nice and I was so grateful to be a part of this wonderful season.

I was so grateful for this week and the simplicity the Church brought with the video -  Because of Him. I found that my testimony was built because of it. I am so grateful for a Savior who sacrificed for me and not only that, but one who now is able to understand me even in my struggles and successes. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and support, I truly so feel them!

Les quiero,
Hermana Cornwall

Enviado desde mi iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment