Monday, November 11, 2013

11 November 2013

Hola,

Como estan? This week has been awesome as always! I love my area, I love my zone, I love the Branch and I love my companion! It is all just awesome! It is amazing how things are just developing and growing and just going and going! The work never stops, only we do! 
.
On Monday one of our investigators dropped us, which means she called us after she missed her appointment and said that she wasn't really interested anymore and that she would call us. It is a bummer, but it is better to be effective with our time than to just be busy
.
We had an awesome district meeting on Tuesday! Elder Garity is my district leader, he is also another missionary in the branch and he is nearing the end of his mission. He is awesome! I love learning from him.  He is so kind and full of wisdom. I am excited for the rest of the transfer! We at dinner with Hermana Horta and her family. She is a recent convert. We had Lenguae(cow tongue), it is the second time I have had it. It is good, but if not cooked perfectly it is a funny texture. We had some missionary bonding over eating some chiles! I had very little but it was fun! We taught a lesson to their family.  They are struggling with keeping the sabbath day holy because of soccer.  We are just continuing to help him! Then we met with Andres. He is such a solid member and is sharing the gospel.  He is just doing awesome! 
.
Wednesday we had facebook training with the tech. Elders. It is amazing how they are always improving and making things better! We learned more about finding investigators online in our area and also passing off  investigators to missionaries in their area. Later we taught a lesson to one of our investigators. Her name is Marisol and it was a do or die lesson. That means that it can either mean that we drop them or feel that we should continue teaching them. It was a great lesson. At the end after her prayer she kind of broke down to us to tell us that she really desires to know the truth.  She just doesn't know where it is. The only problem was she didn't come to church this week.  We will see about everything!  I found one of our current investigators on facebook and we chatted for a little bit and she really opened up about herself. It is really amazing how much people tell us in person but they tell us even more online. So I am glad to know more about her and to help her. I started a crazy few days of 2 exchanges. Hermana Hernandez did two exchanges back to back as a Sister Training Leader, which means that I was without my companion for two days in an area I barely know.  It was a little rough, but it all worked out. We went to teach Deisy and Manuel with a member and it ended up being an hour and 45 minute lesson with lots of topics, helps and craziness.  I hope we touched them in someway. By the way, I was with Hermana Santiago at this time. It was good but we hope to keep it more simple this week! 
.
Thursday we taught a less-active named Graciela. She is the only member in her family which makes it hard for her to do everyting.  She has good desires.  She just needs to act on them. It was a great lesson and it was nice to get to know her. I drove to Rio Vista to say hello to my companion and then to switch my companion to Sister Andreasen. Then we taught Jose. He is a less-active also and he works most Sundays.  We always have hope! We had a rougher night finding people, but it went well. I think I kind of scared her by taking her to a sketchier part of town but it all worked out.
 On Friday we had a baptism in the Branch! It was awesome! The story is that the daughter was contacted on facebook and then her whole family ended up taking the lessons too and they were all baptized! It was awesome! I played the piano, which I tend to be doing a lot lately and the Albas were there and it was really wonderful!
.
On Saturday we picked up new investigators that were a referral from a member. They accepted the Restoration and accepted to be baptized! It was awesome! The rest of the weekend was wonderful and it was fun to learn more about the branch and everything. It is quite a wonderful just to love others and I wouldnt change it for the world! Love you all lots! Listen to the prophets!
.
-Hermana Cornwall

No comments:

Post a Comment