Friday, July 11, 2014

07 July 2014




Hola,

I am headed our of Winters! My time here is up, but I have had a very good time of growth and development and I am excited to move forward. So, I am opening a new area in Willits! [All about Wilits in next week's post.] My new companion will be Hermana Hooton and this is her last transfer, I am also the STL! So I am looking forward for what the future now brings! After all this time, there isn't really a fear of the work being hard, but I am interested to see what it will feel like to start with nothing and build my way up. When Sister Alba told me on the phone she said, the Lord needs you in Willits, so go make a group of hispanic members and then make it a Branch.  It sounds like I have a lot of finding and baptizing to do! 
.
So this week was interesting. The whole question of whether I would stay or go was, at times, really distracting! On Monday we had a crazy day because we drove with the Elders for P-day, in order to try and save miles.  It was fun! We also went bowling! (pictures included). It was a fun last official p-day of the transfer! We did some good finding when we got back and we had a lesson with Diana. She is a newer investigator! She was at the member's house when we went over to make bows with her daughter and so we did some tag teaming. I made bows and Hermana Vance taught a lesson! It was fun!

The Zone
Tuesday we had our last meeting as a zone! We talked more about the house blessings, because President Alba asked the President from Riverside and he said the reason was because of the house blessing and they were doing it a little different then we were so we are changing it up a little bit. The big change is that we use more specific words to start the blessing, so it is different then an average prayer and we make sure to schedule an appointment soon after in order to get the fire of the spirit going! Me and Hermana Vance have been trying it and it has gone really well! Then in the evening we met with Maria, our young recent convert who is awesome! We usually just talk to her mother when we are there, but we just had a one on one with her! It was good!

Wednesday we did service at the community center for the senior lunches. It is so fun to just help them out with those things that they need and to serve the seniors, I like it! This week we also got to help with the deliveries of meals on wheels! That was great too!
Thursday we had a house blessing with this brother and sister. It felt nice to be able to bless them with those things that they need as set apart servant of Jesus Christ! It just it that opportunity to bless them with those things they need from Heavenly Father! 
 
Friday, Independence day, was crazy but fun! It started earlier than usual because we volunteered at the Fire station for their pancake breakfast. Right as I was getting in the shower I noticed a little worm on the floor, not like those outside worms, but like a trash worms, then I notice there were quite a few more, so I went to the trash and it was literally moving, because of our crazy week we had not taken out the trash so we took care of that and then got ready to go to the fire station. It was really fun to help out. They didnt have much for us to do, but ti was good to be out in the community! We planned the rest of the day. Taught a lesson to a new family! They are a family of 4 and they live in this tiny little trailer. They really liked the plan of salvation and we are excited to teach them more. Then we had dinner at the Osburn's/Nichol's! Always fun! We went home early for the night to keep planning! It was a very good day. The weird part was thinking of how I was near Winters the last Fourth of July and it is just funny to think that these next few months will feel similar.  I have served around this time before, and yet different! Oh and I almost forgot, that we got transfer doctrine.  That was a fun addition to the sound of fireworks! 
.
Saturday we had a great day. We went to a blitz in Woodland. It was so hot and no one was outside, but it was fun! In the evening we taught Sonia, our new investigator, the Restoration! It went really well! Then the big miracle was that at the end her husband came home and so we got to meet him. He was very kind and we actually had him say the closing prayer.  It was really wonderful! Then we had another house blessing for this house of men, because one of their house mates passed away last week.  It was great just to bless them and pray for their needs!
.
Sunday was a sad day. I wasn't very excited to say goodbye to all of these people and it was fast Sunday so I felt the need to bear my testimony too them. I was already crying before I got up there, so it was a rough testimony, but I was so grateful to thank them for the love they had shown me and how I would share that love in my new area. Needless to say, I am very excited that in a few short months I can see them all again! Then I played for choir, which was a good experience. It always amaze me how my little bit of skill is so greatly appreciated everywhere I go! 
.
 
So there will be lots of new beginnings this week and I will be sooooooooo excited to tell you ALL about them next week! Until then, I love you! I hope you are all doing well! I hope that you remember Christ this week!

Les Quiero,

Hermana Cornwall
.











No comments:

Post a Comment