Wednesday, February 19, 2014

17 February 2014

On the down hill slope!

So I am officially past half-way crazy right? I cannot believe it! I am so grateful for my mission so far and all it has taught me and all it will continue to teach me. The funny thing is that it never really gets easier, The Lord just keeps throwing new challenges our way. We just keep overcoming them. They aren't even trials you can really explain or write down. They are those life lessons that help us to prepare for the world!
.
So on Monday, we went to go contact a referral in the evening. He was referred to us by a member. I assumed that he knew something about our church but he really knew nothing. We kind of shocked him by knowing his name and address. He said his wife is very religious so he doesn't feel that he needs it right now.  He said we could stop by again if we really wanted to. Then we had a break-through lesson with Martha. She is finally realizing the eternal mindset she can have with a knowledge of the plan that God has for her and the knowledge of the atonement. It was awesome.

On Tuesday we a great district meeting. Then we went to do exchanges in Vacaville. This time I went with Sister Day, a new missionary. She was awesome! She did a great job leading out her area and being prepared. We taught a less-active lesson with a girl that understands the importance of it all but just struggles with a few things.  We were there to kind of just give her a support lesson. We ate dinner at a Mexican restaurant and is was pretty authentic food so that was fun for me at least!
.
On Wednesday we switched back.  Later in the afternoon I had a bunch of success on facebook. I got a referral from one of my facebook friends that she was trying to talk to more about the gospel, but she speaks Spanish and a little English and he only speaks a little English so she told me in Spanish if I could try and teach him in English. It was cool, so he is from India and I finally started talking to him. We didn't say much but I asked if he wanted to talk more and he said he wanted to learn more. I also had another lesson with Cody. Sometimes I think these teenage boys are just messing around but I hope that he will at least have a seed planted. We are still talking but there are quite a few points in our talks that are out of the blue so I am trying to teach him. Then in the evening we planned for a blitz with some of the English Elders in Cordelia. I have never planned a blitz before so it was fun to try and organize it all. We just had to split our areas and assign the companionship for the 2 hour period in which they would be blitzing the area! 
.
On Thursday I taught Cody once again and also picked up an investigator of a girl I added a while ago.  She was online and so I started talking to her. She is in some sort of bible school right now so I am slowing teaching her about the restoration so we will see how it goes. Then we taught English class in the evening which is always fun. The women that come are very funny and enjoyable to teach.  We prepped some valentines treat bags for the missionaries in our zone to deliver for valentines day!
.
Valentines was just a regular planning day for us. With a fun dinner at a member. She was a Spanish missionary in this mission (she is white) and she married someone from the area. So it is half Hispanic and half white and it adds up to a lot of fun. They are a young couple with a cute little baby! 
.
On Saturday we had our blitz! It went really well. For the Elders and for us. We have few appointments to follow up on so we will see! Then we had a little leaders meeting to discuss the zone. The other Sister Training Leader and I had some concerns about the zone so we just decided to have a little chat in order to have some action taken. Then we had our lesson with the Partida family! They live in between some vineyards so it was an adventure! They were baptized a few years ago and have not been very active.  We are basically going thru everything again so we will see how it goes! Then we had a drop lesson with Juan. He was someone we taught on and off, but because of that we wanted to have an official lesson where he knew we were dropping him and he could call us if he wanted to learn more! It was sad, but the best thing for him. It was a really spiritual lesson and we hope he calls us! Then we ended the night with a great comp inventory. So I just love my companion Hermana Underwood! We get along really well! Almost too well. Our work suffers a little for it.  W are trying! I love her so much. Just sayin!
.
Sunday I taught Aravind on facebook again! it was so funny to teach him so basically. Just because of his limited knowledge about Christianity, I just have to teach the principles really, really basic! It was a good lesson though and so he is officially my new investigator! Then I also started talking to a teenager here in Fairfield. He seems to be open to talk but pretty basic in Christian fundamentals. I taught 6 lessons on facebook this week! It was great! I am so grateful for the opportunity to teach everyone in the world, if the opportunity presents itself.
.
Well I hope that all of you have a wonderful week! I am so grateful for this wonderful work of salvation. I hope you all understand what that really means! If you don't then I encourage you to find out!

Les quiero!

Hermana Cornwall
.


No comments:

Post a Comment